Invitation to join A Blue Christmas – a Recipe Contest
My kids love blueberries! Blueberry pancakes. Blueberry smoothies. Blueberry cupcakes. The list goes on. I simply put some blueberries in a bowl and they enjoy them as is, too. I love how I can easily include these berries in their meals. So, yeah, blueberries are always in my grocery list!
Blueberries are definitely a healthy food. They provide essential nutrients with a wide range of health benefits. Blueberries are low in sodium with virtually no fat. It is an excellent source of immunity enhancing-vitamin C, plus vitamin K and manganese for bone health, and dietary fiber for improved digestion. You get all that healthy goodness in just a handful of blueberries!
For quality blueberries, I always go for blueberries from the USA. During the summer season in the U.S., fresh blueberries are abundant. But year-round, frozen or canned blueberries are available in leading supermarkets and grocery stores here in the Philippines.
Here are some ideas on how you can make easy and delectable dishes using blueberries:
1. Breakfast and Snacks
Use it in pancakes, waffles, and yogurt bowls. You can also make blueberry smoothies, trail mix, ice cream, and popsicles.
2. Sauces and Jams
I recently discovered you can also make blueberry barbecue sauce! I have yet to try this and will share it with you once I do. You can also include blueberries in recipes for pork tenderloin, meatballs, chicken, pizzas, burgers, and sandwiches. It’s so versatile and nutritious! Blueberry jams, on the other hand, can be paired with your favorite bread or as a dip for your biscuits or crackers.
3. Pastries and Baked Goodies
You can never go wrong with blueberries mixed in with your favorite pastry and cake recipes. You can also use it to add flavor to your frosting or glaze. I’m not a pro in baking so I usually rely on cake mixes sold in grocery stores. I just follow the package instructions and add in blueberries to give it a twist and make it my own version.
I always have loads of fun in the kitchen when I’m prepping blueberries. So I’m sharing with you two easy recipes using pre-made mixes and USA Blueberries. Try it at home and enjoy!
USA Blueberries Butterscotch Loaf Cake
- 1 cup USA Blueberries, canned
- 400 grams butterscotch cake mix
- 2 pcs eggs, large
- ½ cup softened butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Cream the softened butter. Add beaten eggs slowly while mixing.
- Mix in butterscotch cake mix until well blended.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased baking loaf. Top with nuts or more blueberries (optional).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
USA Blueberries Pancake
- ½ cup USA Blueberries, frozen
- 200 grams complete pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- Mix water and hotcake mix in a bowl until slightly lumpy.
- Toss in blueberries.
- Pour pancake batter onto a pre-heated, lightly greased pan.
- Cook until bubbly then turn to cook the other side.
- Top with more blueberries, syrup and butter.
Care to share your blueberry recipe? Join “A Blue Christmas – USA Blueberry Recipe Contest” and get a chance to win P5,000 worth of gift certificates. Click here for the mechanics: https://bit.ly/3FsPGsi. Deadline for submission of entries is on December 15, 2021.
This post is a partnership with USA Blueberries in the Philippines. For more information on U.S. Blueberries, visit www.blueberrycouncil.org. Like & Follow USA Blueberries-Philippines on Facebook and Instagram for more blueberry fun, cooking tips, recipes, videos, and trivia.
A Blue Christmas – USA Blueberry Recipe Contest
Get a chance to win P5,000 worth of gift certificates by sharing your unique and delectable dishes using USA Blueberries.
- The contest is open to all Filipino citizens in the Philippines; participants must be at least 21 years of age. No purchase is required to enter the contest.
- Post the photo/s of your USA Blueberry holiday dish using frozen and/or canned USA Blueberries on Facebook and Instagram.
- Post must include the full recipe and must mention and show the brand of USA blueberries used.
USA Blueberries frozen brands: Farmer’s Best, Essential Everyday, and Earthbound
USA Blueberries canned brands: Duncan Hines (Comstock, Wilderness), and Michigan Made (Pie Filling, Heavy Syrup)
- Use the hashtags: #ABlueChristmas #USABlueberryRecipeContest #USABlueberries #USBlueberriesPHL #MommyBloggersPH
- Tag @usblueberriesphl @mommybloggersph and @theprudentmama
- Participants may send multiple entries but can only win once.
- Deadline for submission of entries is on December 15, 2021.
- There will be ten winners. Entries will be judged based on the following:
- USA Blueberry as main ingredient – 50 points
- Originality – 25 points
- Visual Impact – 25 points
- Winners will be informed via private messages and announced on USHBC-Philippines’ social media.
- Each winner will receive gift certificates worth P5,000.
- The decision of the judges is final. All entries will be considered property of USHBC-Philippines.